Earlier this week some of us at Beige got together for PR quiz of the month.
We had a great time and thought we’d share to questions so you. Do let us know how you get on.
And we’d love to see your Owling/Planking/Beyonce pictures too.
Team quiz July ROUND 1 - NEWS AND PR
1. What was the UK circulation of the last ever issue of the NOTW thought to be?
2. Which brand was reported as the first one to pull their advertising from News of the World?
3. A Thomas Cook survey revealed the two names that are most likely to win an Olympic Gold medal, what are these names?
4. Which former US president was recently made into a statue outside the US embassy in London
5. Who was recently appointed as the new editor of the Independent, and where was he before (point for each)?
6. Who won Wimbledon this year? 1 point for each name (male and female), 1 point for each correct spelling?
7. Name the art installation of the top of Selfridges? What is it?
8. Which international company was recently forced to drop all of its air-brished advertising?
9. Oxford University recently claimed that Northerners have bigger brains, but why?
10. What is on the reverse of the official OMEGA Olympic countdown clock?
ROUND 2 - CULTURE
1. What is the name of the new Harry Potter website that will feature all 7 books as eBooks, as well as making previously unpublished material available?
2. Put these summer festivals in order: Latitude, Field Day, Love Box, Secret Garden, WOMAD, Wireless
3. Name the shortlist for the Mercury Music prize. One point for each correct answer. Minus a point for each incorrect answer.
4. Which UK rapper is to release a single for the Olympic games?
5. What was unusual about the show produced by theatre company, Duckie, at the Barbican and what was it called? Point for each
6. What is unusual about Jake and Dino Chapman’s new exhibition?
7. Who stepped in as the lead singer for the Faces reunion in the absence of Rod Stewart?
8. What is the name of the MIA demo single she posted and dedicated to Amy Winehouse
9. Which musical has been translated to Mandarin for the Chinese market?
10. Go outside and take a picture of someone Planking and someone Owling. One point for knowing what each of those things is. Three points for the best set of pictures
ROUND 3 - TECH RELATED
1. What is the name of the hacking group that has targeted Sony and the CIA among others? Additional point if you can name the Essex teen that also hacked them
2. Google+ launched earlier this month. What is it Google’s answer to? Bonus point for describing these key features; Circles, Sparks, Huddle, Stream
3. Which pop star bought MySpace? Bonus 2 points for knowing how much it was sold for in dollars
4. What is the name of the FarmVille and Cityville developer looking to float for around $1bn?
5. Microsoft has signed a deal with Baidu. What is it? Bonus point for naming each of the three record labels Baidu has signed with. Minus a point for each wrong answer.
6. How many pieces of original content has the BBC commissioned following Wimbledon?
7. What is this the logo for?
8. What were the last quarter profits of Apple and Microsoft to the nearest billion dollars?
9. Which electrical retailer is to open up shop in Harrods?
10. What is graphene?
ROUND 4 - CELEBRITY RELATED
1. Which UK comedian turned US TV star launched his first solo album this year and also recently became the face of a leading cosmetics brand?
2. Draw the outfit that Beyonce wore on stage at Glastonbury, including hairstyle – one point for each correct item including detailing the colour
3. Jo Whiley made a mistake when she was reporting on Beyonce playing Glastonbury, but what was the incorrect statement she made live on air?
4. Peter Crouch and Abbey Clancy finally tied the knot but what did Abbey insist Peter give up in order to get married after his infidelities?
5. Which supermodel is set to become the world’s first billionaire supermodel?
6. Mick Jagger has created a Super (heavy fusion) group. Name the other four members (1 point for each)?
7. Gwyneth Paltrow feels so strongly about ‘cheese in a can’ that she said she’d rather do what than eat it?
8. There has been a spate of celebrity weddings and also a rise in interest in famous sisters, which supermodel’s sister was the latest sibling to cause a stir, and what is her name (1 point for each)?
9. Who has been confirmed as the new presenters of Big Brother?
10. Lady Gaga recently revealed the person she learned her raunchy behaviour from. Who was this?
Emeka Njodi and Jessica Turner